Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rejected!

A conversation I had with my mother today revolved around a dear family member who is critically ill. During our conversation, my mother had expressed that this family member had never really found his way in life and that he was never given the love and support from his own father. Although his mother played a huge role in his life, loved him, and gave him everything that she could, the gap that he felt from not having his father in his life left a wound that never healed. Nearly everyone I know has been rejected on some level and I, too, have had the unpleasant experience of being rejected. I found this poem entitled "Fear of Rejection" on the Internet this morning that made a lot of sense to me. Although the message is more lighthearted than the conversation I spoke of, the message is universal.

No comments: