Friday, May 30, 2008

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...


It is late in the night and the children are asleep. Stillness is a state that this house rarely partakes in so I am taking pleasure in its mute respite. As I lie in bed, I am serenaded with the rhythmic rotation of the ceiling fan, the distant hum of the refrigerator and hurgs...snort...snorf..snorf ... aughs...hurrrhh. My dear husband is sleeping quite well and is snoring loud enough to wake the little darlings upstairs. Although this is an exaggeration of merely trifle proportions, the fact of the matter is that his noisy slumber is irrelevant. He could be huffing and puffing like the Big, Bad Wolf, making all sorts of raucous and I would be quite content lying beside him, listening to his nasal cavity orchestra. You see, this man is the love of my life. He has transformed my world and has given me the best experiences I could ever imagine. He challenges me to grow as a person and despite my flaws, he loves me completely and the feeling is overwhelmingly mutual. Although our relationship is not in a perpetual state of bliss because we are, in fact, human, we love each other and we make sacrifices each day to ensure that we keep our marriage and our family as our top priority in life. What many would see as imperfections in their mates, we see as tiny character enhancements that work together to form the big picture that we are so in love with. So you see, this snoring isn't an annoyance--it's just another instrument in the symphony that is peacefully playing my bedtime lullaby...and what a joy it is to hear.

No comments: