Monday, June 9, 2008

Can You Say "Procrastination?"

Yesterday I had a paper due for school which I had put off all week. Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:30 to get up and feed the baby so I figured I would get a jump on my assignment. After completing one task, I promptly moved on to the next. I was working efficiently and I thought I was going to be finished by noon...boy, was I wrong. I worked on that beast on and off all day long! I didn't go to bed until 1:30 this morning and I could kick myself for waiting until the last minute. This week, I vow to schedule my time a bit more efficiently...maybe. Just for fun, here's a poem I read about procrastination that I can relate to:

Procrastination
by Kit McCallum

Yesterday, I said I would
Until the time had passed,
And now today, I see my list
Of never-ending tasks.
Why so, I ask myself, did I
Put off that task at hand?
For yesterday has added to
My ever-growing plans,
Of things I say I will attend,
Accomplish or provide;
Seems every day I put if off -
It multiplies in size.
A simple job if given
My devotion for a time;
Would surely have resolved itself
And eased my worried mind.
However, due to circumstance,
As always is the case;
I had no time to spend that day …
I had no time to waste.
For yesterday, I worked on
All the tasks I had delayed,
From days before when I would say
I have no time today.
You see, tomorrow’s easier
To say that I will vow,
To catch up on the overload,
And yet - I wonder how?
‘Tis easier to play the part
Of victim in this case,
And be the martyr ever-more
I have no time to waste.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh girl! Shame...I once wrote an entire paper on facial clefts for school on a Sunday! I feel ya!
And *WOW* on the new pict. Grrrraro!

Michelle said...

I just showed Rick the pict, he said with "Six Pack" we should be looking at your abs! LOL