Sunday, April 20, 2008

OOh Baby, That's What I Like


My last two blogs have been downers, so I thought I'd publish something more indicative of my upbeat personality. I am a huge sensory person and I have some oddities regarding the five senses. I have listed my favorite sensory experiences. Laugh if you want, some of them are a bit strange!



Things I Absolutely Love

Sights:

1. My children sleeping peacefully in their beds

2. Jon's hairy back (and the rest of his hairy body ;-) )

3. Baby Eve pulling the cat's fur out handfuls at a time

4. The "You've Got Mail" icon

5. A freshly polished set of fingernails



Smells:

1. My husband's crevices

2. A new box of crayons

3. Autumn in Ohio

4. Rain on hot pavement

5. Clean laundry

Sounds:

1. My children roaring in laughter

2. The rustling of Eve's diaper as she crawls around the house

3. Jon whispering softly into my ear

4. The ice cream truck

5. Rain on the window pane

Tastes:

1. Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers (good childhood memories)

2. Peanut butter cream cheese pie from The Sweetest Thing

3. My first cup of morning coffee

4. Salty pretzels and a Diet Coke

5. Lemon Pepper chicken wings from Dick's and a Bud Light (I know--I'm a redneck)

Touches:

1. My kids giving me a hug

2. Running my hands through Jon's hair

3. The cat rubbing her fur against my leg

4. Nursing my babies

5. Snuggling with Jon

No comments: